About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crushed.

Photobucket

Don't do this to yourself.
Don't slip now.
Not when you're so close.

Don't fall for it.
Don't let those eyes fool you.
Not this time.

Don't let this one in.
Don't let it get out of control.
Not when you've been hurt so many times before.

I recognize that old familiar feeling.
I remember those butterflies.
I remember that skipping heart.
I remember that uncontrollable smile.
I remember those wishful thoughts.

And all those will do...
Is get your hopes up,
hurt you,
disappoint you.

Don't do this yourself.
I've been down this road before.
And it's a dead end.

Bri.

3 comments:

  1. I love it...the repetition, the warning...everything. I also like how it's written in a way that it can be interpreted as you giving advice to a friend, or your conscience advising you. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. Because it expresses a very relatable emotion. The repetition if I remember and the warning to self. It's something we as people constantly do. Fight with ourselves. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. i really love this piece Bri. you never sease to amaze with your words(:

    ReplyDelete