About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Monday, October 18, 2010

Infinite.

The best present is the smile you gave to me, I wear it all the time.
When I look back on the past, all the memories we have created.
I can't help but get creases in my cheeks.
It's instantaneous. Inevitable.
A knee-jerk reaction.

Every minute of every hour of every day spent with you, was special.
And I could never regret it.
Not even for a second.
So don't think that I don't hate the way things are now.

I regret the mistakes we both made.
Because we BOTH made them.
I regret giving up so easily.
Choosing my pride over you.
I regret losing you.
Losing a little sliver of myself along with it.

And I know that things are bad.
And I know that we will never, ever be the same.
And I know that we need to move on.

But I'll hold on to that smile.
Those memories you gave to me.
Because they're precious.
Just like you.
I'll cling to us, even if it's just a ghost.

I'll remember you.
I'll love you.
I'll always be here for you.
Always.

When I'm grown, and out of this school, and out of Manteca.
I'll look back.
Remember what we had.

And I'll smile.

:)

Bri.

1 comment:

  1. wow, this was really beautiful. It definitely made me smile,lol. I think this poem is easy to relate to. I love the way you set up each stanza and you have a very strong conclusion. This poem really shows how to take something bad and look at all the good you can find in it. It's very inspirational. (:

    ReplyDelete