About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Smiles.

Photobucket

It's amazing that something so tiny can affect me in such a huge way.
Two smiles.
17 muscles, coming to a total of 34.
Both shook me.
Both made me feel emotions I can't really explain.

Your smile.
Felt forced.
Didn't smile out of friendliness, happiness.
You smiled because you felt obligated.
Because we've been through so much
and now that we're over you need to be polite.
Your smile, was fake.
Just like you.

Your smile, on the other hand.
Felt real.
Your smile was genuine, completely, 100 percent.
Real.
Smiled because you like me, care about me.
Smiled because you wanted to.
Your smile told me that this connection, it's real.
I can trust it.

Your smile made me hate you all over again.
Your smile made me like you even more.
Your smile made those other 43 muscles appear.
Your smile made those 17 muscles form.

I'm not going to let your fake, plastic, lie of a smile get to me.
I'm going to be happy with the true smiles I receive.

As they say, it takes 43 muscles to frown, but only 17 to smile.

And this time around, I choose to smile.

:)

Bri.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you did this, comparing the two people's smiles. Everything flows so smoothly and neatly. Your writing always feels so genuine and honest. "I'm not going to let your fake, plastic, lie of a smile get to me" is one of my favorite lines. It's really strong and passionate. I also like how you tied in the whole it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile thing. And your ending was just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that's what u should do. i absolutely love this piece too Bri, it's amazin. yer such a damn good writer, i'm jealous.. and good choice lol

    ReplyDelete