About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Head vs. Heart

Photobucket
My head knows that this is wrong.
The little voice in the back of my head is constantly there.
Nagging me, warning me, convincing me.
"Don't do this, this is practically suicide. You're just asking for trouble."
And yet, I ignore it.
Every. Single. Time.

My heart wants this more than anything.
The hummingbird heartbeat pounding behind my ribs is constantly there.
Exciting me, worrying me, tricking me.
"You want this, it's worth the pain. You won't regret this."
And my heart wins.
Every. Single. Time.

Bri.

2 comments:

  1. Great contrast of the head and heart...I love the voices. The repetition of "every.single.time" is really effective, and so is the description of the heartbeat ("hummingbird heartbeat"). Your heart always wins...what a trickster. I can't find anything to change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you had the same 2 endings! it was powerful, as always. i would like to know what exactly you're talking about though. i like how you compared the hummingbird heartbeat too, nice comparison(:

    ReplyDelete