About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Looking forward, not back.

I am done trying to change the past.
Fix things that are broken beyond repair.
Apologize for things that can't be forgiven.

I am moving forward.
I am letting go.
I am bigger and better than this.
And it's time that I take another step forward, rather than two steps back.

For so long I have obsessed with the 'what if's'.
What if I had said or done this?
What if I had acted this way?
What if I had followed your advice?

But looking back on the past, and only focusing on what could have been rather than what is...
That's no way to live.

I'm here.
In the present.
Right now.
This is the way things are.
And the only way they will ever change is if I make the effort to change it NOW.
Not try and change the past.

They died.
You left.
We fell apart.

That's okay, because that's in the past. It's here, I can't rewrite what's already been tattooed in ink.

All I can do, is move forward. Be happy now, plan for the future, and live every moment I have without regret.

Bri.

2 comments:

  1. true that.
    i especially love the line "I can't rewrite what's already been tattooed in ink." it's strong and vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the part where you said that you couldn't rewrite what's already been tattooed in ink. it shows that you can't redo anything nd there are no second chances. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete