About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wishing.

I wish that you could accept me for who I am.
I wish you could realize that you're being incredibly naive.
I wish you'd never become this stranger I hardly recognize and remain my brother and best friend.
I wish you could see that you slowly killing yourself is also killing me.
I wish you would apologize for what you did and how you've altered my life forever.
I wish you weren't so selfish and conceited.
I wish that we'd never drifted apart.

Photobucket

I wish I could be the daughter you admire and respect.
I wish I could become more like the person you want me to be.
I wish I could deal with who you are now.
I wish I could accept your addiction.
I wish I could say that I love you, even though I really don't.
I wish I could have helped you become a better person.
I wish I could have saved us from falling apart.

I wish. I wish. I wish.

Bri

2 comments:

  1. i love these "i wish" poems. Everytime i listen to somwone reciting theirs, im like wow, these things r amazing!!! i love how people really open up to these things, like how u said...

    "I wish I could be the daughter you admire and respect.
    I wish I could become more like the person you want me to be.
    I wish I could deal with who you are now."

    that's seriously deep. i applause you for having the courage to be open.

    --lexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is deep. Hounestly it made me want to cry. I can relate to what you are saying. And i think that's why your writing touches me. Everyone can find something to relate to in your writing.

    ReplyDelete