About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy.

Flipping through the notebooks, the pictures, the mementos I've kept. They take me back to that time. When all I cared about was being happy. Being with friends and having the time of my life. Trying things I'd never done before, being someone completely new.
I'm not that girl anymore. I'm not the girl who desperately wants to fit in, who cares so much about being accepted by others. I'm not the girl who parties, or drinks, or does drugs just for the hell of it. That's not me.  Truth is, it never was me.

I know who I am now. I'm the girl who plans, and worries, and proudly states her opinions. I'm the girl who would rather read or write or be with family, than go to a high school football game. I'm the girl who knows what she wants, and goes after it, no matter what.

Seeing you today, reminded me of those times. Times that I miss, times that I'll remember, but don't wish to go back to. Because, back then, I was happy being someone I'm not.

Seeing you today, made me want to have a friendship with you again. A real one. 

Seeing you today, made me want to be happy like I used to be. But this time, I'll be happy for all the right reasons. :)




Bri

2 comments:

  1. Brianna i'm happy that you finaly found that happiness again, even if just for a few moments. Your writing shows who you are and it is very very good. I whis you would share more in class but i understand why you may not do so. All i can say is don't lose yourself in the prossess of being happy do what you said here. Be happy for the right reasons, be who you are. The way you write you should have n problem doing that. I love your writing, it's like letting people in to a part of the world that they may not see from you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really feel that this took alot of energy for you to write because its a very powerful piece. im glad that you have found who you are. you are truely an inspiration to those of us (like me) who are still doing alot of soul searching and probably wont find out who we really are until our high school years have long been over. im not affraid to admitt that somedays i have no clue who i really am. im happy to hear you know.

    ReplyDelete