About Me

My photo
Manteca, California, United States
I'm Brianna. Eighteen. Happy. Figure out more on your own. :)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December.

Photobucket

When everything else perishes, I come to life.
When the world outside freezes, I begin to thaw.
When December arrives, so do I.

Bitter winds slice through empty branches.
Frost blankets every reflective surface.
Snowflakes swirl silently.

Christmas lights twinkle merrily in the pitch black night.
Fresh emerald trees tower over our heads.
Winter wonderlands welcome.

When flowers crumble, I bloom.
When skies become grey, I glow.
When December arrives, so do I.

2 comments:

  1. I love this :) It really gives me the feeling of winter and christmas. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you contrast the characteristics of winter. It makes the piece even more interesting. The imagery is so vivid, it's almost as if there were snow outside right now...amazing writing as usual :)

    ReplyDelete